If you fancy trying a glass of Bellmunt from the vineyards around Barcelona. go to: https://www.ultracomida.co.uk/spanish-food-wine/show/bellmunt-white
They say: Bellmunt is a young, easy drinking white wine with hints of orange peel and herbs of the Mediterranean. A great accompaniment to fish and summer vegetables.
H: What, Maria, are mejillones al vapor?
M: Steamed mussels!
Simple Steamed Mussels
• Clean mussels and add to a deep pan.
• Add half a glass of water, bay leaves, a quarter of a lemon and a little coarse salt.
• You can also add half a glass of white wine, maybe a glass of Bellmunt!
• Cover the pan and cook on a medium heat.
• When it comes to the boil, cook for 8 -10 minutes to wait for the mussels to cook well and open.
• Remove unopened mussels
• Transfer to a plate and serve with lemon wedges.
Don't forget, Friday nights are tapas nights at At Maria's. Call 01437 751346 to book
Te veo pronto!